Here at The Rosemary House, Your-One-Stop-Herb-Shop, we believe that when you provide your personal information with us, it is our responsibility to preserve your information and protect its privacy. This privacy statement demonstrates our commitment to your privacy and makes clear what happens to any information we collect at this site. This document discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site www.therosemaryhouse.com, however, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites to which we are linked to.
1. We promise to play nice and not to disclose your information with others.
2. If you join our mailing lists we will definitely contact you with an online newsletter / advertisement.
3. We don’t want to be your junk email and will remove or change your email address upon request.
4. Any information you give us: email, phone numbers, credit card info are maintained in a secure manner.
Our Privacy Promise:
1. We will not share information you have given us with other parties unless you explicitly give us permission to do so.
2. We will not send you advertising materials or other communications unless you have specifically requested them or by joining our mailing list, or we are mandated to do so by law (for example in the case of a product recall).
3. We will remove all your information from our records upon your written request, unless laws requiring us to maintain customer history records prevent this.
4. We will strive to all possible means to keep your identifying information safe from unauthorized access but will not be held responsible for host server security breeches, software or hardware failure.
5. Some of the information we may collect or send to you during online transactions or as provided in the form of hardcopy or electronic newsletters, product information or herbal events and sale information is listed below.
a. Your IP address (a number that identifies you on the internet, the way a phone number identifies you on the phone system) to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart for maintaining online transactions.
b. Cookies may be sent or collected (such as small data files placed on your hard drive to keep track of your shopping cart).
c. Registration for our email newsletter and online forms may require customers to give us contact information (like name, address, phone or email address). We may use this customer contact information from the registration form to send our customer general information about our company, its products, and related news about sales or events. We will also send specific information directly to individual customers when requested to do so. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the customer when necessary such as in the event of a product recall, safety alert or change in condition of terms. The Rosemary House holds all information collected through these forms, in the strictest confidence.
d. Our site uses an order form for all transactions whether online, fax or email, these forms are filled in by the customer when they wish to purchase a service or product. A separate form is used for customers to request information on products, services, location, hours, directions or any general comments or questions. We collect visitors’ contact information (like their email address) and financial information (their credit card numbers, in the case of a online transaction). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders and information about our company to our customers. The customer’s contact information may also be used to get in touch with the customer when necessary such as explained in section 5. c. above. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the customer for products and services.
e. Our online registration/surveys may ask customers for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information (like zip code, age, and products which they are interested in). We use contact data from our surveys to send the customer information about our company and any products which they may be interested in. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the customer when necessary such as explained in section 5. c. above.
6. Public Forums: This site makes or may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
7. Security: This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. In particular, all credit cards and other transactional information is transmitted using industry standard for protected credit card transactions. The use of PGP software is an example.
8. Changing your information: You can chose to stop receiving communications from us and/or change or delete information you have previously provided to us by contacting us in one of the following ways:
a. Send an email to TheRosemaryHouse@aol.com
b. Call: (717) 697-5111
c. Send a hardcopy mail to us at:
Attention: Online Customer Service
120 South Market Street
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
8. Help/Questions/Comments about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site and server can be directed to us at:
120 South Market
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055